What We Do
The goal of the Cooper Foundation is to make Waco a better or more desirable community in which to live. We value the work of local nonprofits toward that goal and carefully consider their grant requests for financial assistance.
Yet grantmaking is just one of many ways Cooper Foundation serves the community. Additionally:
- Often, not-for-profit organizations turn to the Foundation for guidance, whether in seeking funding elsewhere or for nonprofit management advice.
- The Foundation may be approached when a nonprofit needs a public vote of confidence before taking on a new venture or for early support before other funding can be arranged.
- Cooper also sponsors the monthly Nonprofit Network, providing professional development and information exchange for local charities.
- The Foundation serves as a convener, bringing together community leaders to learn from experts on issues impacting the area.
- The Foundation hosts the Waco Leadership Forum, a gathering of leaders from a broad cross-section of the community for the purpose of identifying issues of relevance to the community, exploring and promoting an increased understanding of those issues, and providing an opportunity for leaders to seek responsible, collaborative solutions for community issues.
- Cooper plays an important role helping to sponsor special community efforts that have no other paid support, such as providing staff for the Community Visioning Project.
You’ll also find the Cooper Foundation championing the field of philanthropy, spreading the word about the role and importance of foundations.
Persons contemplating the establishment of a foundation may seek resources at the Cooper House.
The Trustees and staff of the Foundation believe Madison Cooper’s legacy has had a profound and lasting impact on Waco, and they enjoy encouraging others to share their good fortune for the benefit of the community.
Sign up for the
Letters of Inquiry (LOI) are due on the following dates through our online grant making system. Visit our grants page to learn more about the process of applying.
June 13, 2019
August 8, 2019
September 12, 2019
October 10, 2019
November 18, 2019
January 9, 2020
February 13, 2020
March 12, 2020